Magma - Üdü Ẁüdü CD (album) cover

2 stars I have been attempting to like this album, but I don't even know where to begin - so far, I couldn't even determine in what kind of mood and/or circumstances this should be played in order to attain the best listening experience. One thing I can say for sure, it's disproportionately noisy and intrusive, especially for the caliber of the musical message it delivers.

Üdü Ẁüdü has, IMHO, some of the prominent troubling attributes of a so-so album that is ... ... Aggressive without being powerful ... Confused without being sophisticated ... Odd without being innovative ... Pompous without being distinguished

All in all, yet another attempt to like it failed - going to play the marvelous Starless and Bible Black to "detox" my poor ears from the Blüüdü Üdü Ẁüdü thingy :(

Argonaught | 2/5 |