Area - Crac ! CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Rainer Rein
4 stars Area was weird political and experimental jazzrockfusion band from Italy in 1970s with very original Greek vocalist (and keyboard player) Demetrios Stratos who sadly passed away in 1978. Yes - I just completed my music collection with two albums of Area and "Crac!" is among them. In my oppinion about six albums of Area have quite equal musical level and "Crac" is among them. Crazy "rampant" and burning jazzrockfusion with hints to Middle- Eastern folklore themes and "elegant carelessness" sometimes. Richful "palette" of keyboards' sounds, electric bass' giving chance to acoustic "colleague", "transcendental" drum parts + charismatic vocals! My surely favourite composition is "Megalopoli" - instrumental "nirvana". Pleasant expressive listening!
Rainer Rein | 4/5 |