Paatos - Timeloss CD (album) cover

TIMELOSS

Paatos

Menswear
4 stars A melting pot of influences.

First and foremost, this is a perfect initiation for a newbie to 'new school' prog. With Mogwai, Tortoise, Anglagard and others, these kidz are taking their heroes to the progressive scene...and this is nothing new to me.

Absolutely everything has been heard before on this record for me. I can pinpoint with great precision where their influences tooked over...er, everywhere. Let me explain: take the creepyness of Portishead, the echo voice of Hooverphonic, the Mellotron of King Crimson, the drum technique of Anglagard, the folkish side of Sinkadus and the melancholy of Goldfrapp, put in a shaker, just stir and serve. Voila!

If you don't have any: Hooverphonic, Goldfrapp, Portishead or King Crimson (Poseidon), this will impress you by it's slick and tortured atmosphere. You could even believe you've found gold.

If you're like me: loved it but heard it all before.

Menswear | 4/5 |