Magenta - Seven CD (album) cover

SEVEN

Magenta

Prog-jester
4 stars I was told this is a Neo YES rip-off.I ain't YES fan (to be maximally polite,they're my least favourite band from the Oldies),and I didn't know why I'm getting this CD.

When I heard the beginnig of the album,I've thought that my worsest dreams coming true.But when the LADY started singing...that's what I hadn't expected at all!!! An angel came from the sky to our sinful earth - CHRISTINA!!!Wow! My favourite female singer ,no contest!

The further I was getting the better tracks were becoming."Envy" and "Sloth" are must be my favouritest still; the "Confess" part in "Lust"(6.12 - 7.28) is the most played moment from the whole album I guess (frequently I use to listen only to this fragment to make my mood better!!!). Another provement - do never believe the reviews 'till you listen to the album by your own ears!!! I dislike YES (while appreciating their talent and masterity),but I like MAGENTA!!!

Note:this is NOT Neo - prog.This is New Symphonic like DISCIPLINE or SPOCK'S BEARD:complex,well-arranged, with touching melodies and astonishing musicianship.Why had they deserved a Neo definition?Wish you tell me!!!

Highly recommended not only for all YES/RENAISSANCE fans,but also for all lovers of good melodic skilful Sympho Prog

Prog-jester | 4/5 |