The Deadstation. - Limitless, Or So It Seems. CD (album) cover

The Deadstation.

Eclectic Prog Team
2 stars "Limitless, Or So it Seems" is a single by The Deadstation and almost five minutes of progressive metal aggression. The drumming is some of the most uncompromising I've heard; this drummer plows through the shrill verses with the double bass pedal in overdrive. I find that element distracting, robbing what could have been a dynamic piece of the vibrancy it freely boasts in the beginning. The tapped guitar solo initially follows the rapid bass drumming, then sounds exactly like a piece from Koei's video game series Dynasty Warriors. I must say the cover art amused me (it is a play on TBS, a television station with the slogan "very funny"). All in all, this is a decent metal song that could have done with a measure of percussive restraint.
Epignosis | 2/5 |