Echolyn - echolyn CD (album) cover

ECHOLYN

Echolyn

pearty
5 stars It is not in my nature to blindly agree with popular opinion, but at the same time, I cannot in good conscience NOT give this album five stars. Although this is my first (and currently only) example of Echolyn to go on, it is quite obvious this group not only knows what they are doing, but also have the miraculous forethought to not OVER do it (a trait sadly lacking in most prog). Honestly, the only moment that kinda bummed me out was the fade at the end of Island - for such an epic track, I was hoping for a more concrete resolution.

Although this music is not even close to being all butterflies and rainbows when it comes to the subject matter, I still get a sense that this was a very....joyful...record for the band to make. The fact that they are an independent act makes this masterpiece all the more impressive.

Highly recommended, not that that's any surprise to most people here.

pearty | 5/5 |