Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

Rush

4.41 | 1980 ratings

Rivertree
Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
5 stars Tom Sawyer is still alive ...

I sometimes heard 'Tom Sawyer' on the radio. First of all I was very impressed by the powerful drum playing of Neil Peart. So I couldn't sleep until I found out that a band named RUSH was responsible for this.

'Tom Sawyer' is until today one of my personal RUSH highlights. 'Limelight' is nearly in the same vein - the songs don't have a simple structure and are also interesting for more mainstream orientated rock fans. Maybe you can say this are the most commercial songs of this production. 'Red Barchetta' convinces with an excellent guitar work by Alex Lifeson. 'YYZ' is a furious fusion/jazz rock trip - excellently arranged. 'The camera eye' is another highlight - 'Witch Hunt' and 'Vital Signs' are a little bit weaker.

'Moving pictures' is a masterpiece and after more than 20 years already alive ...

Rivertree | 5/5 |