Egg - Egg CD (album) cover

EGG

Egg

Canterbury Scene

Eria Tarka
4 stars Egg's self titled effort was acctually one of my first encounters with Progressive Rock in general, so this record is very dear to me. Egg didn't sound quite like anything else, the production quality was't great, but Dave Stewarts organ work gives the album a certain sound that can't be described. The stand out tracks on this record (for me) are "While Growing my Hair", "Fugue In D Minor", "The Song of McGuillicudie the Pusillanimous" and of course the grand "Symphony No. 2". The band show incredible time signature changes and they really left me amazed with their unique sound.

I will hold back from giving this album 5 stars because their are points on the album that aren't perfect, so I'll give Egg a solid 4 star rating. This album should be experienced by all fans of the Canterbury Scene.

Eria Tarka | 4/5 |