Gong - Radio Gnome Invisible Vol. 3 - You CD (album) cover

RADIO GNOME INVISIBLE VOL. 3 - YOU

Gong

Canterbury Scene

Eria Tarka
4 stars Before I bought this album I had only heard small parts of it, and to be honest I didn't understand it at all. I decided to take a chance and buy this album. After the first three tracks I wasn't impressed, but when the band kicked in on "Master Builder" I was hooked.

This era of Gong had very strong jazz influences, and their displayed perfectly on the tracks "Master Builder", "A Sprinkle of Clouds", "The Isle of Everywhere", and "You Never Blow Your Trip Forever". This record is very Spacey and Psychedeilc, but it manages to pull of tight Jazz instrumentals.

This album isn't for everyone but if you can get into it, it's very rewarding. My rating for Gong's "You" is a 4 out of 5. It's an excellent addition to any music collection.

Eria Tarka | 4/5 |