Paatos - Silence Of Another Kind CD (album) cover

SILENCE OF ANOTHER KIND

Paatos

dmwilkie
5 stars After the brilliance of Kallocain, I was prepared for a lowering of standards, and at first I was a bit disappointed in the new album. However, having listened to it a dozen times or more, I realise that it is just about as good as Kallocain. The songs are similar in mood and sound, and there is plenty of atmosphere. Unlike other reviewers, I think Petronella's vocals are even better than on Kallocain. It is worth listening carefully to the arrangements as there is much to enjoy in the individual playing.

The only complaint is the length,or rather lack of it. At 42 minutes, it is a couple of songs short of being totally satisfying, but the quality is such that the cd finishes with me wanting to hear more.

dmwilkie | 5/5 |