Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

Van Der Graaf Generator

5 stars Van der graaf generator is truly a great band. I don't know much of their work or even the names of the band members, heck, i'm a total music nitwit! I own just two albums from VDGG, present and godbluff. I find the music style to be really unconventional ... if i'm not mistaking they don't use guitars? They use trumpets and stuff ... THe vocals are sexy!

I haven't really listened to the songs seperatly though ... i usually just put the CD in and get carried away. The album has the best opening i've ever heard (which i can recall). I always thought it said "Here ... at the dawn... ", but it doesn't. It says "Here at the glass - all the usual problems, all the habitual farce". This line is so groovy!

I think the album doesn't have like long build ups or anything that lead up to a big climax or anything. Each song is really filled with nice tunes that work your mind every second. They do start swinging in the Sleepwalkers though. A nice ending!

Which all makes i never turn off this album or skip a track (or even consider it).

Ah i'm not gonna go further more in details since i don't have the proper knowledge to expres what i think.

I changed my mind like 3 or 4 times wheter to give it a 4 or 5 star rating. I want to give it a 4 because it's my first review and i don't want to overrate anything, but then again i really think this is very good! And for as far as i know, they're very progressive! They certainly sound like it...

There you got it ... like 15 lines of text and no real information given. That's what you get when newbies do reviews.

Nico2009 | 5/5 |