Robert Fripp - Exposure CD (album) cover

Robert Fripp

4 stars I listened to this album for the first time in 1985. I was playing then with a band which had eight members, including two keyboard players. One of the keyboard players liked Progressive Rock music very much, and he lent me several albums to listen to them. I also lent him other Prog Rock records.

This is a good album, experimental in most of the music (as usual with Fripp), and also with very good Prog songs. Some of the very good prog songs are: "I May Not Have Had Enough of Me But I've Had Enough of You" (which I think was sung (very well) by Peter Hammill, as the credits in the inner sleeve list the musicians but not the songs in which they participated), "North Star" and "Chicago". The version included in this album of "Here Comes the Flood" has Peter Gabriel on vocals (and maybe playing the piano too) with Fripp playing "atmospheric guitars" in the background. Peter Gabriel also participated singing in the song "Exposure". "I May Not Have Had Enough of Me But I've Had Enough of You" is the best song in the album, IMO, very King Crimson in style, with drums maybe played by Phil Collins. IMO, this album is better than the albums released by Fripp with the King Crimson line-ups with Adrian Belew as a member of the band. Some experimental sounds are interesting in this album, but others not.

Guillermo | 4/5 |