Advent - Cantus Firmus CD (album) cover

CANTUS FIRMUS

Advent

Ewan
4 stars It would be almost impossible to review "Cantus Firmus" without reference to "Gentle Giant".

I say this without taking anything away from Advent's latest release. I don't hesitate in saying that this is one of the finest records I've heard in a long while.

Advent takes Gentle Giant to a new level with influences from Genesis, Yes and a touch of Gryphon added, making, what I consider to be a total listening joy. Check out the Hackett-inspired fret work also....beautiful.

Atmospheric, emotional, majestic, and at times, that "weakening-of- the-knees" pleasure, makes this album a sheer joy.

Superb release!