Lemur Voice - Insights CD (album) cover

Lemur Voice

Szöke Jenö
4 stars Well, well how time flies!! I remember I got to hear this band 10 years ago, shortly after they released their debut album.And since Dream Theater already counted as a favourite band of mine I could not overhear Lemur Voice. Well actually I could have, if a local radio station's weekly rock show would not have broadcasted it. The song Intuition got met instantly, and it still is my favourite track from this album. I remember I had no other choice then to get in contact with the guy who was running this show to get the album. And I did get it, on a casette, with not a very good sound, but i got it. It was only years later when I got the real thing. But the lack of a perfect sound did not stop me to listen to this album over and over again. I was amazed both by the vocalist and the instrumentation. It is a varied album, which allows you no boring minutes and does not have unnecesary long parts, which is the case with some progressive acts. It was just the kinda metal I liked and even though they did not manage to outclass this performance with the next record ( their last so far) they still are always a welcomed act in my cd-player. If you have not heard it yet, give it a try...
Szöke Jenö | 4/5 |