Focus - In And Out Of Focus CD (album) cover

IN AND OUT OF FOCUS

Focus

raul_siberian
2 stars What could be expected of an early 1970 album?... Psychedelic rock?

Focus (vocal) (1.50 Out of 5.00) The album opens with this repetitive track (Later it will be reprised)

Black Beauty (2.75 Out of 5.00) Now it gets better, this is a good psychedelic rock song, but there are nothing really extraordinary on it.

Sugar Island (2.50 Out of 5.00) I have the same feeling with this song but this is a bit poor than the previous, nothing extraordinary.

Anonymous (2.25 Out of 5.00) This is the first instrumental song on the album where all members shows their skills; The most prominent were Thijs Van Leer with his flute and Guitarrist Jan Akkerman.

House Of The King (2.25 Out of 5.00) Another different instrumental song and a bit more slower than the previous "Anonymous". They still showing their skill playing this song.

Happy Nightmare (Mescaline)(1.75 Out of 5.00) This song has nothing to offer me but it`s tolerable just because the mellotron.

Why Dream (1.25 Out of 5.00) Another song that has nothing to offer me. This song could be made by anybody because there are nothing outstanding n.

Focus (1.75 Out of 5.00) Almost enjoyable, They decided to show us their skill once more again but I`m tired (ha ha ha).

Overall not a bad debut album but there`s lack of prog

2 Stars well received