Focus - Hamburger Concerto  CD (album) cover

HAMBURGER CONCERTO

Focus

raul_siberian
3 stars Their second best album

"Delitae Musicae" (2.25 Out of 5.00) This baroque-introduction do not say much to me. From my point of view is not representative of what is to come.

"Harem Scarem" (3.50 Out of 5.00) A very enjoyable symphonic rock song, this song is almost at the same vein as "Hopus Pocus", with moments that sticks at the very first listening. I like it.

"La Cathédral De Strasbourg" (3.50 Out of 5.00) An Unpredictable Eclectic song, amazing mixtures of styles that change the whole direction. Thijs Van Leer was brilliant singing (french?) and whistling. This is another highlight of the album.

"Birth" (2.50 Out of 5.00) A moderately enjoyable song with some classical passages.

"Hamburger Concerto" (2.50 Out of 5.00) Another moderately enjoyable song. Thijs Van Leer jokingly singing... I just can`t take that seriously, but that`s what it makes it good. Then it becomes a bit boring to the end.

"Early Birth" (2.50 Out of 5.00) This is a decent ending.

2.75 rounded to 3 stars