Le Orme - Felona E Sorona CD (album) cover

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

5 stars This album was my introduction to RPI. I don't even know where I stumbled upon it, but I can say very sincerely that it has become one of my favorite albums in the repeated listens since. What I like about Le Orme, and this album in particular, is that the music feels very structured and restrained. I am almost reminded of Pink Floyd when I listen to it, not by how it sounds, but by the attitude I hear in the music. Felona e Sorona doesn't get too out there, it is orchestrated and precise, never doing more than it needs to in a song. Whereas other RPI albums shine because of their dynamic, jazzy, exciting sound, the true beauty in FeS lies in how unified the album feels. For fans of a less-is-more approach to songmaking, FeS is an essential album to add to your collection.
DocMagnus | 5/5 |