Lucifer Was - Underground and Beyond  CD (album) cover

UNDERGROUND AND BEYOND

Lucifer Was

Hejkal
4 stars The first album of Lucifer Was is great. This is probably the best mixture of Black Sabbarth- meets-Jethro Tull album of all time. Although the band didn't release a regular album in 70's, this re-recording shows, that it's a pity.

Opening track brings us wonderful heavy sound of Sabbath combined with great flutes. The singer isn't extraordinary, but his voice perfectly fits to this heavy prog-related band. My favourite songs are The meaning of life and Light my cigarette (together with the opening track), but all of them are very good.

The sound of this recording is close to 70's, but it obtains some modern fashion, so I think, nowadays listeners could be affected by this album too.

This recording is a must-have for all who likes heavier bands and Jethro Tull. It's a pity that there is no more recordings like this recently.

Hejkal | 4/5 |