Pallas - XXV CD (album) cover

XXV

Pallas

Menswear
3 stars Aging with class.

Remember your uncle who patronizes you with phrases like: 'In my days, cars were sturdy..In my days, kids were polite...' ? He's finding tough to age and remembers the past with nostalgia. Well, we cannot accuse Pallas of being like that. I'm not saying that they revolutionize the genre, but they do walk the walk musically.

Finally, Pallas reached the venerable stage of 'prog veterans' BUT they also learned to play well enough to create a sound that rivalize with youngsters. Funny. Because young bands are targetting the Old School and the older ones are trying to catch the train again. Well, with this album they succeeded at it, without sounding too corny (I'm looking to you Arena) or to re- create faded magic (Thick as a Brick 2). They definitely can play (steroids rage guitar solos and double bass drums) and neat-O keyboard licks.

To me Pallas still have gasoline in the reservoir. Do I like them? I think so. Would I run 5 miles into the slush to give them a high five? No.

3 stars is enough.