Yes - Time and a Word CD (album) cover

5 stars At the risk of being mocked at I think this is Yes's best album! To be frank, I was always more of a Genesis, Pink Floyd and King Crimson addict. Yes was never really my cup of tea. Despite the overt praise of "Close to the Edge" I prefer this "Time and a Word". Considering the fact that neither Howe nor Wakeman are present on this album this might be called disturbing and puts the lineup that made the grade into perspective. Why does his album set all the other Yes albums back? It is the magic combination of Anderson's voice, the strings, the lush and 'dirty' Hammond and the fantastic melodies. My criterion is the number of goose bumps an album gives me and this album gives me plenty! A definite five star album!
LakesideRitchie | 5/5 |