Nik Raicevic - Electronic Music From Realisation Of Eternity CD (album) cover

ELECTRONIC MUSIC FROM REALISATION OF ETERNITY

Nik Raicevic

Progressive Electronic

Dobermensch
3 stars Man, Raicevic looks too cool to have released this oddball 1971 electronic monstrosity. He looks like he should have been James Bond before Roger Moore. However, what went on inside that head at the time of these recordings is another matter altogether...

Strangely, my copy is named 'Beyond the End... Eternity' and not the above, where, if spoken will make you feel like you've got a mouthful of marbles breaking teeth as you try to pronounce it.

It looks like I've ended up with some 'hooky' copy of this, as mine consists of 4 albums covering two cd's. Mind you- they're mighty short. This LP for instance only scrapes a miserable 27 mins in duration. Oh well, you'll be glad there's no rambling aimless review then?

At the ripe old age of 38 in 1971 Raicevic released this warped electronic mish-mash of an album on an unsuspecting public. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of this breaking into the top 100. This is early proto electronica from which I'm sure 'Aphex Twin' got many ideas and inspiration from. 'Kluster' also spring to mind - this, however, is far more synthetic. 'Beyond the End... Eternity' is entirely electronic with no vocals which will give you an idea of the kind of difficulty your brain will have trying to come to terms with this recording.

The whole thing ends up sounding like some weird evil alien dentist from Sirius B drilling away at E.T's. jawbone as he struggles to stay awake under anaesthetic , whilst floating creatures swarm around his big malformed head.

An extremely unusual album and one I'm glad I bought. A very difficult album to describe as there's nothing conventional about it at all

No wonder my dad thought I was mental 20 years ago...

Dobermensch | 3/5 |