Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O. CD (album) cover

YANQUI U.X.O.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Post Rock/Math rock

crumble_soul
5 stars I love this record. I don't know why actually, because it's sad and moody, but when the last track ends I feel PEACEFUL. Really. This album is a mix of war, love, fear and the music collapses on me. It's impressive. Even if it's simple and repetitive, I could call it a masterpiece.

1. The first track is probably the best. The volume increase till it blows up. The construction of the piece is classic GYBE, but here it's truly effective. 2. A calm piece after the first storm. 3. The intro is georgeous. A mellow guitar line and a long crescendo. This is the more "orchestral" composition. 4. A new atmosphere, more rock and "disco". Amazing. 5. A really moody ending for this astonishing album. Nice drums.

crumble_soul | 5/5 |