Dedalus - Materiale Per Tre Esecutori E Nastro Magnetico  CD (album) cover

MATERIALE PER TRE ESECUTORI E NASTRO MAGNETICO

Dedalus

Dobermensch
1 stars My God... what on earth happened to these guys within a year?

'Materiale Per Tre Esecutori E Nastro Magnetico' is far more avant garde and dissonant than their first album after which their bass player departed. Even so, this sounds like an entirely different band, left with no grounding or clear ideas whatsoever.

Discordant saxophones, mandolins and bottle tops are blown for all they're worth in this hideously tuneless album. I'm always open to something new and unusual, but I have to admit that this is one of the most annoying albums I've heard in a long time.

Sounding nothing like their self titled, wholly acceptable, and occasionally enjoyable debut, this one sucks big style. A rotten way to spend an hour of your time as various acoustic instruments bleat, squawk and stab in the most tuneless of ways reminding me of a paralytically drunk guy staggering down an alleyway before he throws up.

The only comparison I can think on is 'Biota' - but they're far more playful, atmospheric, full of life and enjoyable. Even the unusual' 'Moroccan oboe' doesn't help amongst the sparseness of tune on display in this torturous recording.

'La bergera - con pi¨ frequenza - accordanza ' (What a mouthful!) is probably the best of the lot simply because I'm safe in the knowledge that it's all gong to end shortly. My hopes were so high coming into this through it being included on the 'Nurse With Wound' list, but I have to say, they were well and truly dashed with the ineptitude on display.

Dobermensch | 1/5 |