Al Di Meola - Tirami Su  CD (album) cover

TIRAMI SU

Al Di Meola

Gatot
3 stars I only have this album in cassette format and I only had a chance to play this after I finally got a wonderful cassette deck player made in Norway: Tandberg TCD-440A (produced in 1978) - yeah! It's a vintage player and I really love the sound quality; it's natural and it has a powerful basslines. No wonder I find true joy playing the cassette of this album which opens beautifully with Beijing Demons (6:25). Even though it's not in similar vein with legendary album 'Land of Midnight Sun' or 'Elegant Gypsy' or 'Splendido Hotel' I really enjoy the music. It flows nicely in ambient mode demonstrating Al's stunning guitar work. The second track Arabella (7:14) is also another good track with vocal and latin music style. Well, actually I do not expect Al plays this style of music and initially I did not quite favor this kind of music. But when I really forget how Al's music started at the beginning in the 70s, I then realized that the music is very good and enjoyable. I can find the stunning guitar that flows beautifully throughout some tracks featured here.

I can say that Smile from a Stranger (5:43) has its roots with legendary style of Al Di Meola especially when it reaches the collaborative work of guitar and keyboard. Rhapsody of Fire (5:05) continues with another music style.

Overall, I consider this as a very good album and I recommend those of you who love jazz-rock fusion kind of music would enjoy this album. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW