Locanda delle Fate - Forse Le Lucciole Non Si Amano Pił CD (album) cover

Locanda delle Fate

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars I am by no means an expert in Italian prog, in fact I have heard very little but this little gem came to me recently and I've been playing it regularly ever since. A bit Genesis-like in places, it's full of wonderfully delicate instrumental work, mainly in the keyboard department with some splendid piano work, and there is some good use of the volume pedal on the guitar to provide the background textures.

I sometimes have a problem with the overly dramatic vocals in Italian prog and the fact that I don't know the language doesn't help, but it's not a problem with this particular album. The vocals of Leonardo Sasso are excellent and suit the music perfectly.

All in all, this is a thing of great beauty which I heartily recommend to all fans of symphonic prog.

chopper | 4/5 |