King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars I first thought that this mysterious CD only deserved a four star rating , but I was wrong. After further listening I must give it the full five stars. I still do not know what this music is about. Yet there is this sinister power here that is compelling. As other have noted before, it it the two title tracks that are most notable. Sometimes I listen to songs closely trying to analyze them and dig deep into the lyrics or motifs. But I can't crack Larks Tongues in Aspic. Sometimes it borders on controlled noise, and other times it is mellow (parts of Easy Money). I don't get what this music is all about; but I feel this strange power and newness when I listen to it. When I hear this music I am reminded of William Butler Yeats wrote: "A terrible beauty has been born." This is a dark and beautiful masterpiece.
stefano | 5/5 |