Porcupine Tree - Signify CD (album) cover

SIGNIFY

Porcupine Tree

Open-Mind
5 stars There are many kinds of albums. However, "Signify" by PT, is an out-sider. In front of us we see a unique psychedelic piece of art. Steven Wilson, with his band, has created a mysterious atmosphere on this album, which is great to listen to in a dark room. The Comparison to Pink Floyd's work is almost demanded when you hear "Signify", and i can only put out the vocal harmony, which i never heard it that good since PF's days.

If i could select two favorite tracks, one of them will be definitely "Wating (phase 1)", an excellent song, a radiophonic song but keeps the quality of PT's prog music. Maybe a Blackfield prophecy :). The second one will be the finale of the album, "Dark Matter" - which i define as one of the best prog songs of the 90's, I can only say that if someone asks me why i think Steven Wilson is a genius, il'l let him hear this song and understand for himself...

To conclude, i can only define "Signify" as the best PT album ever, a psychedelic masterpiece, and one of the 5 cd's il'l take with me to a lonley island - 5 Stars in the Open-Mind chart :)

Open-Mind | 5/5 |