Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue CD (album) cover

OUT OF THE BLUE

Electric Light Orchestra

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
4 stars One of the best things about owning this treasure on vinyl is the album cover and awesome spacey gatefold. The imagery is unforgettable and captured my imagination in the late 70s. The music is also tinged with sci i themes and spacey effects.

The blend of classical music and rock is astonishing, and it begins so well with Turn to Stone with infectious chorus and trademark harmonies. Sweet Talkin' Woman is one of the most well known singles that dominated radio airwaves but I also like the lesser known songs such as Night in the City, and one of my favourites on this double album is Starlight.

Other treasures include Big Wheels, and the indispensable Mr.Blue Sky that catapulted ELO to number one and became as iconic as the starship on the album cover. Another nice song is The Whale and overall this is perhaps one of the greatest studio albums of the band and I believe it is one of the most popular of this great innovative band.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 4/5 |