Hiromi Uehara - Hiromi: Live In Marciac CD (album) cover

Hiromi Uehara

5 stars Awsome DVD concert from Hiromi and her trio project. The first two songs are great interpretation but there is not enough camera close-up at Hiromi, I whant to see her hand on the piano, whitch we see a lot on the Solo Live At Blue Note DVD. But when Voice starts, everything is perfect. Voice contain the best crescendo I've heard in a log time, Simon Phillips, what a drummer!!! His use of the drum to build the crescendo is perfect. The way he plays his china symbal at the end of the crescendo is amazeing (I always liked the china symbal since One Red Nightmare of King Crimson) If Voice is not enough already, she's killing us with the next two songs, Flashback and Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8, Pathetique. The Pathetique is full of nuance and emotion, I cried the first time I saw it, that's how intense it is! She finish the show with two songs from her first album, Dancando No Paraiso and Joy. Another highlight of this concert that is, in my opinion almost perfect. So if your are a fan of or new to Hiromi it's a essential part of every DVD collection. 5 Stars.
Fido73 | 5/5 |