Gandalf's Fist - There and Back Again CD (album) cover

Gandalf's Fist

1 stars This single is taken from their newest studio album entitled "From a Point of Existence" which I have to listen soon because I believe it has better things to offer than this single. For now, I downloaded this single for free from their website and had a nice but not so good time with these two songs that make a total time of ten short minutes.

"There and Back Again" is the title of the single, and of course the first song here. Honestly the vocals here are not my favorite, they sound very poppy. Acoustic and electric guitar, a slow tempo, some keys as background and the same voice during this five minutes make it in moments not so interesting, though at minute three a guitar solo makes everything better, however it only lasts for some seconds because later the music returns to its original sound. "Crestfallen" here is a radio edit version, though I would not really play it in a radio. It has some good moments, but overall I don't consider this as a memorable track.

I hope to listen to the studio album soon, I am sure as a whole is much better than these two songs as a single. For now, and I don't want to be mean, but this is only for completionists.

memowakeman | 1/5 |