Cryptic Vision - In A World CD (album) cover

Cryptic Vision

When I listened to this fine mainstream prog/AOR album the first time I was actually thinking, that it's not worth at all to lose more than 3 words about. But since this would be not sufficient here I'll come to a final rating for it by raising a few questions.

1. Artrock? - Yes, definetely, if released a couple of decades earlier.But adequate for the year 2006? - Absolutely NO!!

2. Can a record like that be called an essential or excellent one in PROGRESSIVE ROCK let alone a masterpiece six years after the turn of the century? - Certainly NO!

3. Though being undoubtedly not a bad record at all in general can it be considered a good one in PROGRESSIVE ROCK of the year A.D. 2006? - Again NO I would say!

Thus the answers to these three questions are leaving merely the options for me to rate it with 2 stars (Collectors/fans only) or 1 star (Poor. Only for completionists). Since it's really not badly done if being considered as a mainstream rock album I would say 2 stars are adequate for it. For old KANSAS-fans only! But for anyone who's interested in good modern PROGRESSIVE ART ROCK: Stay away from this record and band!

hdfisch | 2/5 |