Psychotic Waltz - Into The Everflow CD (album) cover

Psychotic Waltz

5 stars It was one year ago, in my search for some good prog, that i came across Psychotic Waltz. I was searching something different from "usual" prog. I was tired of all that dream theater sounding music, or all that power metal infested prog.. When I listened to Psychotic Waltz I was blown away. It reminded me something of Spiral Architect, the voice, the freaky sounds, the strange melodies... In one word: Innovation! For me this is one of the most innovative album of the 90s, It's simply great! My highlights are the opening track, which has some influences of pink floyd, for the spacey chord progressions in it, the excellent "Into The Everflow", which I'm listening now, and the great "Freakshow". Just listen to the passage at 4:30 in Into The everflow... Great guitar work, spacey, full of emotions... And Buddy's voice... He's an angel. For all of you tired of stupid bloated solo circus (a'la Rudess), and hungry of real music, this is for you. Not for all... but hey, good music isn't for all.Masterpiece.
laynor | 5/5 |