McLaughlin and De Lucia Di Meola - Friday Night In San Francisco CD (album) cover

FRIDAY NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO

McLaughlin and De Lucia Di Meola

Guillermo
4 stars This album bings me some memories. In 1980-81 I was in prep school. Some of my older cousins and their friends were listening to this album then. I can`t remember very well if this trio of guitarists came to play to my city, but I remember that some T.V. channels broadcasted a concert from them. At that time, some of my older cousins were still in the University or had just finished their studies, and I think that this album and this kind of music was a fad then among them, and I also liked some of this music.

This album has three different syles of playing the guitar, which, curiously worked very well. It has a lot improvisation. The trio of guitarists are very good, of course, but Paco de Lucia`s Flamenco style shines a bit more than the others. But they share lead guitar parts and it is funny to listen to them. It is a very good album.

Guillermo | 4/5 |