The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band CD (album) cover

SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Thyme Traveler
4 stars The difference between Seargent Pepper and it's predecessor- Revolver is simple. Revolver simply has better songs. Yes, I know the influence this album has was probably greater than any other Beatles album, but the songs imply just aren't as good.

The Good: I always liked "A Day in the Life", "When I'm sixty four" and "For the benefit of Mr. Kite."

The Bad: There really aren't any terrible songs here. Just not any that are really terrific.

The Ugly: I still say "Lucy and the Sky With Diamonds" = LSD. Come on, a band which started taking LSD only about a year before has a song with lyrics like THIS and the initials LSD and tells us it's not about LSD. Get real...

I give this one 4 stars for historical purposes. Really it's more like 3.6, but it is an excellent addition to any prog music collection, I suppose.

Thyme Traveler | 4/5 |