Roy Harper - Stormcock CD (album) cover

STORMCOCK

Roy Harper

Prog Folk

sussexbowler
3 stars If you'd only heard one of Roy's albums before, and enjoyed it, and then you sought out his 'biggest' work, what are your expectations? This was the quandry that confronted me.

The reality is, that the style is so very similar to that performed on the album 'Jugla', that I failed to find the 'groundbreaking' bit. That said, the original came from 1971, when things were a wee bit different. Typical Harper fayre, I'd call it.

Yet again, it's enjoyable, though perhaps not quite at the level of 'Jugla', although some 15 years did separate the albums.

So, for me, typical Roy Harper. Groundbreaking? I think not. Enjoyable, but brief. A variation on the Roy Harper theme, me thinks.

sussexbowler | 3/5 |