Osibisa - Osibisa CD (album) cover

OSIBISA

Osibisa

Fido73
4 stars I've heard about Osibisa about 13 years ago when my guitar teacher told me that i should listen to that band, i might like it. Two years after that i was in a used record store and found that album, it was cheap so i brought it. I heard it only one time because my turntable died on me the next month :(

Last year, i found a use copy of the album on CD so i brought it :)

The music now... wow, very very good. A kind of mix between Santana and your regular jazz fusion prog band. The song "Music for Gong Gong" is very groovy with a lots of percussion and wind instruments, like there is a very good jazzy sax solo fallowed by an organ solo, i really like that song, very joyfull. "Dawn" on the other hand is more progressive. A another highlight is the song "Ayiko Bia" in witch you have a very good guitare solo.

In conclusion, if you like percussion, funk and prog jazz fusion, it's a must. 4 Stars easily.

Fido73 | 4/5 |