Yes - Yessongs CD (album) cover

YESSONGS

Rivertree
PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Yes - this are songs ...

I bought the 3 LP set in the 70s after I got the studio album 'Close to the edge'. Both are a must have for a progressive rock collection. This was a great experience for me and they are some of the mostly played records on my player.

Until today I never have heard such an amazing live record from YES like 'Yessongs' - the essence of the 3 exciting studio albums before. Only the tracks 'Close to the edge' and 'Siberian Khatru' are better in the studio version.

Compared to other live track compilations - for example 'The word is live' - the YES-members are at their peak. Brilliant: 'Long distance runaround/The fish' with an outstanding bass playing by Chris Squire and the absolute dynamic Perpetual change and Yours is no disgrace.

Rivertree | 4/5 |