Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

GODBLUFF

Van Der Graaf Generator

EssentialFaris
5 stars I love, LOVE!!!! Van Der Graaf Generator. For the first 10 months of me owning "Pawn Hearts" and "H To He Who Am The Only One" I thought the music was horrid, just awful, and stupid, well boy I was wrong.

Well about a months ago, I gave "Pawn Hearts" another shot. I slipped it into my cd player, sat down in the dark, and just fell relaxed as I listen to this beautiful array of sounds. When I was done I was filled with emotion, it has beautiful arrangement, and just overall rocked! all I could say at the time was "IYYYYY!"

So, I was checking out prog archives and I remembered to check "VDGG" and I saw this album was highly ranked, so I ran out and got it the other day, and I'm listneing to it as I write this review, it's the most amazing thing I've ever listened to, maybe I'm just so in the mood for it.

"The Undercover Man" is a very strong piece, and very fun feeling and sounding.

"Scorched Early" is so rockin', I envy their complexity, and how tight they are together, this song is simple amazing.

"Arrows" starts out a tad ruff, gets sweet, then kicks out! I dig.

"The Sleepwalkers", well, thats on this site, you can come up with your own thought on that

So honestly, I think this is their strongest, best played, most exciting and produced album, I simply love everything about it, so I give it 5 stars.

EssentialFaris | 5/5 |