Sigur Rós - ( ) CD (album) cover

( )

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

OpethGuitarist
4 stars This album will always have a special place for me, as it was what got me into "post-rock" more or less. This is one of the most depressing albums I have ever heard. The vocals always seem as if he is "crying out for help" and that something awful has just happened, which is especially noticeable on tracks 1-4.

The gloom is mostly gone when we reach the halfway point on the album, and the rest of the tracks build toward the "journey track" of Untitled 8. This is my favorite track on the album, with a broad range of ideas and the real feeling you get of having been somewhere and gone to somewhere else. It really "takes you away and let you fly". No, I didn't listen to this stoned or anything, this is the general feeling you get.

A very pretentious concept for this album, but the band succeeds and creates an excellent album for listening to on those rainy days.

OpethGuitarist | 4/5 |