The Beatles - Let It Be - Naked CD (album) cover

The Beatles

3 stars Let It Be was always my less favourite albm of the Fab Four. The sound aways seemed sort of thin to me despite of all this Spector's wizardry. Until I bought the Naked version. Yes, that's it. Very good sound, stripped off many annoying things like choirs and unnecessary orchestrations. "The Long and winding road" is a good example here. I did not like this beautiful song before because of the arrangement.

In terms of prog-rockness, it is not much here. The Beatles decided to go back to their roots with this record. So it is mostly straight rock. Though the songs are excellent as usual. If you do not like the original version, try this one for sure.

Foxy | 3/5 |