Gentle Giant - Interview CD (album) cover

INTERVIEW

Gentle Giant

Badabec
5 stars IN'TERVIEW may be the most underrated album here at the archives. I don't know why. It contains all the things we love GENTLE GIANT for. What I want to say is, that the songs are still very complex, just take the killer track "Design", which is one of the best songs the band around the Shulman-brothers ever produced, while listening to it the track choked me up, progheads, this album is full of emotion, full of all the anger at the music industry and the changing times!

The opener "In'terview" is a very nice song either and it rocks a lot, "Design" is one of the most complex songs I have ever heard in my life, "Another Show" blows you away, "Empty City" is one of those melancholic songs that are able to make you cry and "I Lost My Head", the last song of this great album, is the classic-sounding song, that could also be emanated from the early albums of GENTLE GIANT (by the way, same thing with "Empty City").

Rocky tunes, melancholic ballads, complex, well thought songs, ingenious chant, you will find it all on this CD. Yes, I give this album five stars because it is still one of the best albums I know!

Badabec | 5/5 |