Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence  CD (album) cover

SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE

Dream Theater

Bupie
5 stars This is IMHO Dream Theater's most clever work. It's mature yet fresh, complex yet melodic, diverse yet coherent.

Even the recurrent drawback of the band, I mean their inclination to write never ending songs, doesn't bother me at all here. Actually, this record makes such an impression on me that I have come to the point where I might be able to appreciate the last two minutes of "Misunderstood" : those who know this song will understand ...

As the ice on the cake, SDOIT is also the proggiest effort by the band. So all the prog fans who fear the metal label that has been given to Dream Theater should push their luck, at least with the second CD. It's worth the try. The same advice could be given to those who found Images and Words too na´ve.

It's a feat to have nothing but good songs on one album. Dream Theater manages to achieve it with a double album. Simply amazing. Oh, by the way, did I mention that the art cover is brilliant too ? Five stars without the shadow of a doubt.

Bupie | 5/5 |