The Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn CD (album) cover

SEVENTH SOJOURN

The Moody Blues

Frasse
4 stars The Moody Blues 7th album (Or is it the 8th?) is also their first to hit no. 1 in the US. Quite surprisingly I think, since it sounds a little distorted and sometimes out of tune. Mainly on side 1. I feel this especially on the guitar and maybe the vocals. This isn't necessarily bad though. It's just that it isn't what I usually prefer - The big expectation, "You and Me", is my favourite track, naturally.

As said, nothing really bad on the album. Most is quite good even. On the first side, this apply particulary for "For My Lady".

The second side is better. "You and me" isn't just the best track of the record, it's possibly the best song by The Moodies I've heard. "The Land of Make-Believe" and "I'm just a singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" are also good.

To conclude, this is an album wcich deserved its' first place. It's not the best I've heard but so far the ebst by The Moody Blues. It seems quite typical of its' time in many ways, most of all the nice cover art.

Frasse | 4/5 |