Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II CD (album) cover

GENESIS REVISITED II

Steve Hackett

phillihp
4 stars Would it be an original album, it would gain a five star rating but considering it's a rehash of old well-known classics, although extremely well done, a four star rating is the maximum rating I'm ready to give. This being said, this album is a must-buy for lovers of both these classic songs and sound clarity. The sound quality is, with no surprises, much better than the original versions.

I won't go into a song by song review, instead I just want to emphasize on the overall quality of the work Mr. Hackett & friends have done here. I think that the choice of singers is excellent and I don't miss Gabriel. I understand it's not the case of everybody but I'm not a nostalgic by nature.

A last point, I think The Return of the Giant Hogweed is very different than the cover version Transatlantic made a few years ago. The version on this album is much closer to the original one. Neal Morse does a great job and his voice is much more restraint here, as is the song. Transatlantic made the choice of doing a more energetic version and they did it for fun. This version is more respectful of the original one. I think both are as good but different.

phillihp | 4/5 |