Blackmore's Night - Shadow Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Blackmore's Night

Prog Folk

4 stars Pantyhose and Feathered Hat.

With the cast of The Big Bang Theory, Napoleon Dynamite and Glass Hammer, Ritchie Blackmore is now attending Renaissance our advantage I might say.

There is no point describing his talent; he has LOTS and then some. His style is perfect for this kind of art, and it's probably harder than it looks. Medieval music must be catchy not to fall into the 'relaxation cds' bin of the spa. This is not the case here, despite the fact that I would care for more instrumental songs. The songs are melodic to the point of tears, blending mellow more mellow moods. Not really 'jig', but definitely making out music if you're dressed as a bard.

I do appreciate cup of medieval once in a while, and this one should interest you if you have no idea where to start. Woman (especially fans of Enya or Clannad) will surely appreciate since Gryphon is chick-repellant and Amazing Blondel not deserving it's name that much.

I can't wait to be 50 years old and find a younger woman too! This is how it works right?

Menswear | 4/5 |