Dave Greenslade - The Pentateuch of the Cosmogony CD (album) cover

Dave Greenslade

2 stars Here's an album I bought basically for the artwork. I knew Dave Greenslade from his days with his band GREENSLADE. I loved the bands mellow prog with few vocal numbers. I thought his solo album would be more of the same, but I was SO wrong. First off, there's no guitars whatsoever, and second, although Phil Collins is listed as a drummer on the album you'd swear it was drum machines on the entire album. If you cringe hearing disco style prog, then you'll want to skip a few tracks, (Moondance, for example) especially when ABBA comes to mind ;-). It has a very dated sound and cannot say what other artists it sounds like mainly because it's not my style of prog. But, if you're a fan of keyboard music then this might be for you. I LOVE the artwork that comes with the CD. Just incredible! The storyline is very 70's sci-fi/fantasy, but it's the music that counts. And I count only 2 stars for this one.
NJprogfan | 2/5 |