Rush - Grace Under Pressure CD (album) cover

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Rush

WaywardSon
2 stars I still remember when I bought this album all those years ago, and how utterly dissapointed I was in the direction Rush were heading. Looking at the new wave photo of the band on the album, I should have realized something was horribly not right!

The sound of this album is just too clinical and almost robotic. The only song that seems to have any emotion is "Afterimage", my favourite track by far. Songs like "The enemy within" and "Kid Gloves" just sound like songs from an electronic pop band.

The actual album cover is fantastic and so are a lot of the lyrics, itīs just a pity the music sounds so bland. After a long string of great albums from "Fly by night" to "Signals" it just seems like the wheels came off the wagon on this release.

WaywardSon | 2/5 |