Dredg - El Cielo CD (album) cover

5 stars While many bands today and in the past have attempted to write albums rather than songs, few succeed on the level of dredg with El Cielo. Every song is unique, while at the same time contributing to the mood of the album, WITHOUT boring the listener to death. Dredg succed in providing wonderful atmospherics while gripping the listener with every note. Another element I quite enjoy is the almost poppish element. While some may have a distaste for it, I feel that creating pop-sounding songs that are at the same time experimental is one of the most progressive things a band could do, and certainly more progressive than most derivative "prog" bands are given credit for being. The sound could be described as a cross between Radiohead, A Perfect Circle, and several others bands I can't think of, but completely different. I know that doesn't make sense, but listening to the music should clear that up. A true 5 star ALBUM.
xenuwantsyou | 5/5 |