The Gathering - Nighttime Birds CD (album) cover

NIGHTTIME BIRDS

The Gathering

Experimental/Post Metal

Waylander
4 stars Personally I see this in pretty much the same vein as MANDYLION. I really like the album as a whole and any of your picks of a favourite song is as good as mine. I have read a word in the previous review that I can absolutely subscribe to. The vocals have something of a divine enchantress, the blend between the orchestration and the voice is in balance. It maybe offers a few more details than its predecessor while the songs are even more compact with a length between 3:22 and 6:55. But I guess it's not wrong to say that NIGHTIME BIRDS is an obvious continuation of MANDYLION.

NIGHTIME BIRDS can be recommended as a good initiation to THE GATHERING. It offers a good collection of songs with atmosphere, melodies, sometimes almost dreamlike yet still it rocks. Give it a try!

Waylander | 4/5 |