Atlas - Blå Vardag  CD (album) cover

BLÅ VARDAG

Atlas

sgtpepper
5 stars I totally agree with other reviewers. When it comes to old instrumental Scandinavian prog rock music, I can't set any better example than Atlas or Dice respectively. Atlas bears typical properties of such music and is adding a bit of melancholic flavour so that I even wish I could be in Sweden in the 70's! Instrumental parts are well thought-out, I like the fact there is no instrument suffering from the other one although keyboards could be said to be prevalent.

Subtle Genesis influence and accessible sound makes you love the album from the very first listen. Jazzy mood is crafted ingeniously and that's why you won't be discouraged from listening to this if you don't belong among jazz-rock supporters.

It's hard to believe one could still buy a classic progressive rock album in 1979 but Swedish Atlas are certainly confirming that.

sgtpepper | 5/5 |